Find and view information about apps.
API Platform Version: 8.1 and later
Table of Contents
- Where can I get a quick view of all my apps?
- What information is available on the app's Details page?
- What are app properties?
- Related Topics
Where can I get a quick view of all my apps?
The My Apps page displays a summary listing of apps you have defined and are currently following. After you have logged in, the page is accessible by clicking the My Apps Quick Filter Icon and includes the following functions:
|Add a New App||If you have not defined an app, the Learn More icon displays and directs you to the Add a New App function. This function can also be accessed via the Plus Menu.|
|Explore Apps / Apps I'm Following||If you are not currently following any apps, the Explore Apps icon displays and directs you to a listing of Apps currently defined in the platform that you can review. You can click Follow on apps you find interesting and they will display in the Apps I'm Following section.|
|Search||The Filter panel allows you to sort your app listing using a selection of sort criteria including Type, Sort By, and Tag or Keywords.|
|View Details||You can click the App Name to view the Details page. For more information, see Where can I get a summary overview of a specific app? below.|
What information is available on the app's Details page?
Once you've created an app (see App Creation), the information relating to the app is summarized on the app's Details page. This page also includes links and buttons that allow you to add, view, modify, or delete information associated with the app, or the app itself. This topic provides an overview of this information, including:
The summary might look something like the below:
The app's Details page displays the following information:
- Avatar: An image set up for the app. See How do I upload and crop icons?
- Visibility setting: for example, Public. See How do I add an app?
- Version name: Usually the version number. See How do I add an app?
- Last Updated timestamp
- App Description: A short description for the app. See How do I add an app?
- Version Description: A short description for the app version. See How do I add an app?
- Organization: If the app was added at the root level—that is, via the Plus menu/icon or the Apps link in the top navigation, the organization is the tenant name. If the app was added in the context of a specific organization defined on the platform, the specific organization name is displayed. You can click through to the Organization page. For more information about adding apps in the context of an organization, see Organization Apps (for Business Admins only).
- Security information: App ID, plus shared secret/public key information if applicable. See App Security.
- Peer rating: An average of ratings for the app. See Collaboration.
- APIs used: Name/avatar for any APIs the app is using. See Connections.
- Team members: Name/avatar for each app team member. See App Team Management.
- Reviews: Reviews written about the app. See Collaboration.
- Peer reviews: Controls that allow you to manage the display of the reviews. See Collaboration.
- Possibly, a Properties section. See What are app properties? below.
App Details page: linked information
It gives access to the following functions, wizards, or pages where you can add, view, modify, or delete additional information about the app:
- Edit button: See App Versioning.
- OAuth Profile button: See App OAuth Profile.
- Add Version button: See App Versioning.
- Export button: See How do I export an app?
- Delete Version button: See How do I delete an app?
- Follow/Unfollow button (toggles on and off): See How do I follow an app?
- Show Keys icon: See App Security.
What are app properties?
In some cases, depending on platform configuration, some resources in the developer portal, such as apps and APIs, might include additional properties. If these exist, you'll see them when adding, editing, or viewing the resource.
For apps, if this feature is in place, when you're adding the app you'll be asked for additional information, over and above what's covered in the standard help text. When you've created the app, you'll see a Properties section at the bottom of the app's Details page, displaying the additional information that was collected about the app version. Properties may or may not be collected depending on how the developer portal is configured. You can also edit the properties; for more information, see To edit properties for an app version.
An example is shown below.
If app properties are in place, they appear in these pages:
- Add App (add properties)
- Add App Version (add properties)
- App Details page (view properties)
- Edit App Version (edit properties)