Valid in Version: 2020.1.0 and later
Configure country codes for use in telephone number fields in the Community Manager developer portal.
Table of Contents
How do I configure country codes for telephone numbers?
If you want to collect telephone numbers in user information pages in the Community Manager developer portal, you'll need to add one or more country codes that you will support.
Country codes are used in certain Community Manager developer portal pages relating to users, such as the Sign Up page and the Profile > Details page. They are also needed if two-factor authentication (2FA) is in use.
Country codes that you've already added are displayed on the page.
The platform only allows one entry per country code. So, for example, you cannot include United States, with a value of +1, and then Canada, with a value of +1. When you try to save the main page you'll see an error. Instead, choose the official designation from the list; in this example, United States and Canada is one entry.
Note: When you add one or more country codes, the telephone number field becomes a required field for users signing up or modifying the user profile.
To add a country code
- Log in as a Site Admin and go to the Admin section.
- Go to More > Admin > Country Codes.
- Click Add Country Code.
- In the Add Country Code overlay, add:
- Country Name: for example, United Kingdom. Start to type, and your entry is matched against the list of valid country names/codes.
- Country Code, starting with a + sign: for example, +44. When you get a match in the Country Name field, the Country Code is added automatically.
- Click Finish. The new entry is added to the list.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 as needed to add more country codes.
- When done, click Save.
Note: If you close the page without clicking Save, the country codes you've added are not saved.
If needed, you can use the Reset button at any point before saving, to remove changes you just made.
To delete a country code
In the Add Country Code page, just click the X to the right of the entry on the list. Click Save in the page to make the change permanent.
Note: You cannot update a country code. If you make a mistake, just delete and re-add.