Using Sample Data Sets for Demo Charts Feature
Learn how to install sample data sets that can be used in the Envision Console.
Supported Platforms: 8.0, 8.1
Supported Envision Versions: 1.0, 1.1
Table of Contents
This plug-in provides a series of sample data sets for demo charts that can be installed to the Envision Console.
- When you install a sample data set, the associated Widget and Dashboard are added to the Envision Console.
- These datasets provide you with a good starting point for becoming familiar with the Envision product and generating sample charts.
- The sample datasets can also be selected and used in the Business Metrics Policy.
Installation of the Akana Envision feature is required to view and use the sample data sets in the Envision Console and in the Business Metrics Policy, but you can install the Sample Data Sets for Demo Charts feature and connect to the MongoDB database without pre-installing the Akana Envision feature.
- Log into the Akana Administration Console of the target installation container instance using your default credentials.
- On the Available Features screen, select Plug-ins from the Filter menu.
- Select the Akana Sample Data Sets for Demo Charts plug-in and click Install Feature.
- After the installation is complete, click Configure and continue.
- If the Akana Envision or Akana Envision MongoDB Support features have not yet been installed, the Configure MongoDB Database screen will display. Here you will specify the MongoClientURI to connect to the database. If these features have been previously installed, this means you are already connected to the database, this screen will not display, and you can skip to the next step.
- On the Configure Sample Data Sets screen, select the checkbox for each data set you wold like to install. Note that the Operational Metrics and Shoe Sales Data Sets and Charts are installed by default as part of the Akana Envision feature installation; data set options are checked by default.
- Click Finish, then OK to restart the container. Click Close after the container is restart is completed.
- After the installation is complete, you can manage (install / uninstall) data sets via the Configuration tab by selecting Configure Sample Data Sets.