Updating the Database Configuration
Learn how to update database configuration; for example, when the database password changes.Using Admin Console Managing Containers
Supported Platforms: 8.2x, 8.4x
Table of Contents
In version 8.x of the Akana Platform, the method of encrypting the database password changed. As a result, when you change the database password, you'll essentially need to delete the existing database connection and create a new one.
To update the database password using the new encryption method, which is more secure, follow the steps below.
To update the database connection when the database password has changed
To refresh the database connection when the database password or other database-related information has changed, you'll need to:
To delete the existing database connection
Note: Before deleting the existing database connection, it's best to take a screen capture of the configuration settings, or in some other way to record the settings so that you can easily create a new connection.
- Log in to the Akana Administration Console.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- On the left, under Configuration Categories, find the com.soa.database.config category as shown below.
- Recommended: take a screen capture of the existing database configuration.
- On the right, click the Delete icon to delete the database configuration. At the prompt, click OK to confirm the deletion.
- Delete any additional configuration instances.
The next step is to create a new connection to the database, using the new password.
To create a new database connection
- In the Akana Administration Console, on the Configuration tab, go to the Configuration Actions section at the bottom left.
- Click the Add Database configuration task.
- On the first page of the wizard, choose Use existing database and then click Next.
- Provide additional values for the database, as needed, and then click Save. For additional information on using the Configure Database Options wizard, see Configuration Actions: Add Database.