Using the Ping Support Feature
Learn how to ping Network Director and Policy Manager instances to verify they are running.Using Admin Console Managing Containers
Supported Platforms: 7.x, 8.0
Table of Contents
The Ping Support feature includes a simple "ping" web service for testing the functional state of the container's web service framework.
Enabling the Ping Service
In many cases, when load balancers are being used to load balance the Network Director instances and/or Policy Manager instances, the load balancers will "ping" these instances to verify the instances are running.
The Ping Support feature provides support for pinging the instances and can be installed and enabled from the Administration Console of the container instance.
Step 1: Install the Ping feature into the instance
- Launch the Administration Console (http://<hostname:<port>/admin/) for the Policy Manager container instance.
- On the Available Features screen, select Feature from the Filter menu.
- Select the Ping Feature and click Install Feature.
- After the installation is complete, click Close.
Step 2: Enable the Ping feature
- Select the Configuration tab. In the Configuration Categories section, select com.soa.feature.ping.
- Change the value of the ping.service.enabled property from False to True, then Apply Changes.
Step 3: Invoke the Ping Service
The Ping service can be invoked using a GET or HEAD request. There are two URLs that can be invoked using either an HTTP GET or HEAD request.
Request and Response
The request and expected responses are shown below.