Using the Policy Manager Console Feature
Learn how to install the Policy Manager Console feature.Using Admin Console Managing Containers
Supported Platforms: 7.x, 8.0
Table of Contents
- Step 1: Installation Prerequisites
- Step 2: Install Policy Manager Console Feature
- Step 3: Define Policy Manager Administrator Credentials
- Step 4: Log Into the Policy Manager Management Console
This feature includes a web based user interface for the central Policy Manager governance application. The user interface provides a dashboard and the primary interface for configuration, management and administration of Policy Manager and Service Manager. The console must interact with a Container (may be the same container) configured with the Policy Manager Services to fulfill the core central governance application requirements.
- Installation of one of the supported platform versions.
- A Policy Manager container must be defined using the Configure Container Instance Wizard.
- Launch the Administration Console (http://<hostname:<port>/admin/).
- On the Installed Features screen, select Feature from the Filter menu.
- Select the Policy Manager Console feature and click Install Feature.
- After the installation is complete, click Configure and continue to Step 3.
- On the Define Policy Manager Administrator Credentials screen, specify login credentials for the Policy Manager Management Console, or accept the default (administrator/password).
- Log into the Policy Manager Management Console (http://<hostname:<port>/ms/index.do/) and begin your service management tasks.